Born and raised in Eldon, Missouri, Dr. Vann attended the University of Missouri-Columbia and received an Honors Degree in Biochemistry in 1986. He received his Doctorate of Optometry from the University of Missouri-St. Louis in 1990.
In August, 1990, Dr. Vann moved to Fulton and joined the practice of Richard C. White, O. D. Dr. Vann and his wife, Cindy, purchased the practice from Dr. White in 1992. In August, 1993, VisionArts Eyecare Center moved to its current location at 614 Market St. in Fulton, MO. The year 2017 marks 27 years in practice and 25 years in business for Dr. Vann and VisionArts Eyecare Center in Fulton, MO.
Dr. Vann has been involved in the Fulton community during the past several years. He is a member of the Kingdom of Callaway Chamber of Commerce, Fulton Breakfast Optimists and was a past board member of the Callaway County YMCA.
Dr. Vann puts a strong focus on the prevention of eye disease, and to support that focus, he obtained his certification as a Health Practitioner by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners and also as a Health Coach by the Institute of Integrative Nutrition. He also coordinates with Sutherlin Optical Lab to present seminars to other eyecare professionals on topics such as the importance of doctor driven dispensing and how to grow the Transitions shares in the practice.
Dr. Vann is a member of the American Optometric Association and the Missouri Optometric Association. He has been the Past-President of the Central Missouri Optometric Society. In past years, Dr. Vann has returned to the University of Missouri-St. Louis School of Optometry where he has been sponsored by Coopervision to speak to third year Optometric students on the importance of independent optometry.
Awards received by Dr. Vann and VisionArts Eyecare Center include:
- Top six finalist, Transitions Optical's Eyecare Practice of the Year, 2013
- Top three finalist, Transitions Optical's Eyecare Practice of the Year, 2014
- Winner, Best in Patient Experience, Transitions Innovation Awards, 2015
- Best Practice, Coopervision, 2015
- M. Earl McClellan Memorial Award - 1990. Presented by the Missouri Optometric Foundation. This award is presented to the graduating student who best exemplifies independent professional optometry.
- Missouri Young Optometrist of the Year Award - 1999. Presented by the Missouri Optometric Association.
- Eyewear Award of Excellence - 2003. Presented by Marchon Eyewear.
- This award recognizes a select group of U.S. and International Eyecare Professionals providing excellence in product selection and patient service.
- Business of the Year - 2005. Presented by the Fulton Area Development Corporation.
Dr. Vann enjoys spending time with his wife and two sons on their farm and on the golf course. He also enjoys collecting antique Allis Chalmers tractors.