At VisionArts Eyecare Center in Fulton, Missouri, we aim to give our patients the best experience possible in all ways, at all times. We are proud to present a series of blog posts entitled, “VisionArts’ 4 Ingredients For Success,” to outline our philosophy of how to provide our patients with the best all around experience in our office. Today’s post: Advanced Technology.
Our optometrist, James W. Vann is dedicated to the prevention, early detection and early treatment of eye diseases of all types. He achieves this by staying on top of the latest cutting edge technology in the eye care world today. From beginning to end, we use state of the art testing and equipment to diagnose and treat all kinds of ocular diseases, such as macular degeneration, glaucoma, and cataracts. We set the bar high when it comes to your eye care, with visual acuity & color testing, intraocular pressure measurement, auto-refraction, retinoscopy, and visual field testing, and we also provide extensive specialty testing at our practice. Below are some of the advanced tests we offer:
- If you’re like many people, you are not a fan of having your eyes dilated. This is why we give all our patients the option of having an Optomap retinal screening, which provides an amazingly accurate picture of the inside of your eye, without the need to have your eyes dilated at all.
- A Biophotonic scanner in our office tests nutrient absorption, allowing us to gauge whether your diet helps maintain your eye health, or if you could make some improvements.
- If you’re a contact lens wearer, you will also benefit from our Konan Corneal Cell Evaluation, which helps to monitor the overall health of your cornea.
- We use Optical Coherence Tomography and Visual Evoked Potential to help detect eye and vision threatening conditions, such as glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy, which can come on without symptoms, and do extensive damage if undiagnosed and untreated.
- For our patients at risk of macular degeneration, we perform Macula Risk and Vita Risk Genetic Testing.
Every step of the way, we will ensure that you are well infomred on what tests are being performed, why we are performing them, and what the results mean.
If you need eyewear, we also go out of our way to educate you on the products prescribed to you and why these products are necessary for your ongoing eye and vision health. We are proud to be the first office in Missouri to use the VisioOffice 2 measuring system, which allows us to offer cutting edge lens technologies. Our contact lens wearers also receive extraordinary care in our office. We offer a wide range of contact lenses to fit every patient’s needs. In fact, Dr. Vann specializes in hard to fit contact lens patients, frequently fitting patients in contacts that have never had success in the past. Myopia control for children is a focus in our contact lens clinic, as well. Using corneal refractive therapy (CRT), we have successfully slowed the progression of nearsightedness in many of our younger patients.
For more information about our advanced technologies and how we can help you maintain your best vision for life, come see us at VisionArts Eye Care Center today!